Template: Defining stakeholder needs
Identifying the needs of stakeholders is crucial in defining the context of an evaluation context and how it should be designed. Carefully and clearly documenting these needs will reduce inefficiency in designing and undertaking the evaluation.
Clear identification of stakeholder needs will help identify:
- why the evaluation is being undertaken
- who requires the evaluation information
- when the findings are required
- the scope of the program or project to be evaluated
- potential collaborators
- who will use the information to make decisions
- who may need to implement the recommendations
- what format is most appropriate for presenting evaluation findings.
Defining stakeholder needs template (0971stakeholderneeds.doc; 44 KB)
Note: The attached template file is in Word format. Click on the link to view the document on screen. To download it, right click on the link and select 'Save target as'.
Using the template
The template uses questions to develop responses which summarise stakeholder needs.
Page last updated: 27 February 2011