Conditions of a shipwreck site
Conditions that describe a site
Develop a list of conditions that describe a wreck site by answering the following questions:
- What materials (eg iron, wood,) were used to build the ship?
- What other materials might be found in the ship?
- What type of seabed or other surface is the shipwreck resting on? (eg mud, sand, reef)
- Is the water saline or fresh?
- Is the water deep or shallow?
- Is the water warm or cool?
- Is the water normally rough or still?
- Does strong light reach the site or is the light level very low?
How might the answers to the above questions affect condition of the wreck site?
Find a shipwreck or wharf structure in your area and descibe the site conditions using the above dot points.
Page last updated: 31 August 2012