Private Town campground (10 sites)
Escape your day-to-day life and feel like you’ve stepped into a forgotten time at Private Town campground in Yerranderie Regional Park.
Accessed via 4WD Oberon Colong historic stock route, the campground allows you to absorb the incredible, rugged wilderness of the environment, complete with a rich array of native wildlife, including bounding kangaroos, charming wombats, and a wide range of native birds.
Take bushwalks into the surrounding majestic Blue Mountains National Park World Heritage Area. Or explore the historic silver mines and ghost town of Yerranderie Private Town.
Make dinner at the campground kitchen, then enjoy eating out under the stars around the campfire while you plan your next day’s adventures.
Activities: walking, mountain biking, motor vehicle use, astronomy and star gazing, birdwatching, picnicking, playing and socialising
Getting there: Private Town campground is in Yerranderie Regional Park. To get there:
- Start at Oberon on Edith Road, then turn right after 8km onto Butter Factory Lane, which leads onto Shooters Hill Road.
- Turn left onto Mount Werong Road (also known as Colong Oberon historic stock route) and follow this unsealed road past Mount Werong campground.
- Continue all the way along the crest of Murruin Range to Yerranderie Regional Park
NB: No immediate access to/from Sydney, only via Goulburn/Oberon areas:
- Please note no access is available from Sydney's west through Burragorang Valley from East (Picton/Oakdale) and there is no access through the valley from the west, in an easterly direction from Yerranderie.
- Schedule 1 protected water catchment access restrictions ensure Sydney’s water quality and prevent any access through this area
- Please be aware that many commercially available online mapping and GPS navigation devices do not have this information listed within, and following these without first programming Goulburn or Oberon as an initial destination will cause navigational issues.
Bookings: Contact the Yerranderie caretaker on (02) 4659 6165
Camping: events and activities
Australian Outback & Wilderness Tours
One-day and extended small group tours in 4WD vehicles.
Private eco tours visit remote wilderness, Aboriginal rock art sites and wild nature.
More info: Spirit Safaris, Phone: 1300 763 188 (International +61417244600)
|As requested |