Visiting through the seasons
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Meroo National Park. Here are some of the highlights:
Spring (Sept, Oct, Nov)
- Escape your busy city life and spend a night at one of the beachside camping areas
Summer (Dec, Jan, Feb)
- Head to Termeil Beach or Pot Holes Beach for a day of swimming, surfing and beach fishing.
Autumn (Mar, Apr, May)
- Enjoy the serenity on the water while paddling a canoe or kayak in one of the park’s coastal lakes
Winter (Jun, Jul, Aug)
- Rug up and take in spectacular coastal views from Nuggan Point walking track
- The average temperature ranges between 9°C and 27°C
- The area's highest recorded temperature in summer is 39.8°C
- The average temperature ranges between 0°C and 13°C
- The area’s lowest recorded temperature in winter is -9°C
- The wettest month on average is March. The driest is September.
- The area's highest recorded rainfall is 489.6mm in one day
Climate averages recorded at nearby weather stations
Average temperature ranges
The area's highest recorded temperature is 39.7° C. Its lowest recorded temperature is -9° C. Information recorded by the Australian Bureau of Meteorology weather station at Nerriga Composite.
Average rainfall ranges
The area's highest recorded rainfall is 200.7mm in one day. Information recorded by the Australian Bureau of Meteorology weather station at Nerriga Composite.