How to get there
Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve is close to:
- Mittagong (65km)
- Wollongong (130km)
- Canberra (160km)
- Sydney (180km)
- Take the South Western Motorway to Casula, then take the left fork onto the Hume Highway
- After about 65km take the ramp to the Old Hume Highway at Aylmerton
- Turn right into Wombeyan Caves Road at Woodlands and continue driving for about 60km until you reach the reserve
- Take the Federal Highway to Goulburn, then take Gouldburn-Taralga-Oberon Road towards Taralga for about 45km
- Turn right into Wombeyan Caves Road and continue driving for about 15km until you reach the reserve
- Take Mount Keira Road to Picton Road, then take the Old Hume Highway for about 35km
- Turn left into Wombeyan Caves Road and continue driving for about 60km until you reach the reserve
- Please note that the road from Mittagong to the cave is not suitable for caravans. Caravans should come via Taralga
If you’re travelling from Goulburn, Mittagong, Crookwell or Oberon, please ensure you have refuelled your vehicle as there is no petrol station at Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve.
For information about public transport options, visit the NSW country transport info website
Check out the Bicycle information for NSW website for more information.
Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.