Water, safety and supplies
Light to Light
- Invite some friends who have their own vehicle so that you can leave a vehicle at the destination to save retracing your steps. Take all your valuables with you - don't leave them in the car.
- Let someone know about your itinerary so that they can alert authorities is you're overdue.
- While the track offers easy walking along a well-marked route, it does cover some remote country and you need to plan accordingly.
- Carry sufficient food and water (around 6 litres per person per day) and a first aid kit.
- Wear sensible footwear and take appropriate weatherproof clothing.