Originally built in 1882, Beechwood Cottage harks back to an era when sailors, convicts and even pirates lived in these parts. Now it’s your turn to add to the region’s colourful history and hire this beautifully restored historic cottage in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park.
Situated on the western shores of Pittwater, near The Basin picnic area, this charming venue is available for conferences, functions and weddings. With delightful water views and a tranquil bush setting it’s a perfect venue for hire for relaxed and informal get togethers. It has a large function room, a well-equipped kitchen and wide shady verandahs. There’s even a fenced yard where kids can run around.
There’s plenty of equipment to cater for up to 60 guests inside the cottage, however larger groups may choose to take advantage of the spacious grounds with room for a marquee.
Getting there: Beechwood Cottage is in the West Head precinct of Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park. To get there:
- Catch the ferry which departs hourly, on the hour between 9am and 5pm, from Palm Beach Wharf.
- Drive or ride your mountain bike through the park to West Head, then walk or cycle along the 2.8km Basin track to The Basin.
- If you own a boat, anchor in the sheltered bay opposite the picnic and campground.
Road access: Unsealed road/trail - no motor vehicle access.
When this venue is available
You can book this venue for your exclusive use. Beechwood Cottage is available for use between sunrise and 10.00 pm.
Events this venue is suitable for
- Wedding ceremonies (max 60 people)
- Wedding receptions (max 60 people)
- Private/corporate lunches (max 60 people)
- Private/corporate dinners (max 60 people)
- Picnics and barbecues (max 60 people)
- Parties (max 60 people)
- Filming and photography shoots (max 60 people)
General facilities: venue, boat ramp, drinking water, flush toilets, trackhead/access point, electric power
Venue facilities: toilets, drinking water, electric power
Standard residential power points are available within the cottage.
The function room features seven tables, a serving table, 60 chairs, a projection screen, a flip chart, butchers' paper and a whiteboard. The kitchen boasts a fridge and freezer, stove, hot water urn, portable gas barbecue, workbench, sink, mop and broom. You'll need to bring your own food, drinks, crockery, glasses, cutlery, tea towels, stationery and electronic equipment.
Overnight accommodation is not available at Beechwood Cottage.
- Beechwood Cottage hire, per day: $550
- Security deposit: $550
- Landing fee, adults: $3
- Landing fee, children: $2
- Commercial catering.
- Non-amplified music.
- Candles or other open flames.
Not permitted here:
- Amplified/loud music and/or public address systems.
- Confetti, rice, petals or similar.
- Domestic animals.
- Vines and other exotic plant material.
- Roping off areas or signs re exclusive event.
Other conditions: The cottage must be vacated by 10pm sharp, or another full day's fee will be charged. Extra cleaning time may be granted between 8am - 10am the day after the booking.
Bookings, payments and refunds
Bookings are essential. Use of the venue is negotiated on an individual basis, and advance bookings are essential. The hire fees and security deposit must be paid in full at least three weeks prior to the date of the function (excluding landing fees). If you cancel your booking more than three weeks before the first day of your function, we will refund your deposit and any fees paid, less a $25 administration fee. We will not refund your deposit if you cancel your booking less than three weeks before the first day of your function.
Interested in this venue?
The Basin and Beechwood Cottage (Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park), Phone: 02 9974 1011