Bents Basin Education Centre
Wheelchair access: medium
Assistance may be required to access this area
- Disabled parking and toilets are provided
Bents Basin Education Centre sits tucked away in picturesque Bents Basin State Conservation Area, near Penrith in western Sydney.
Also known as Richard Venables Education Centre, the function hall offers a peaceful venue for corporate and private functions, including retreats, conferences and weddings. It’s well-equipped and catering is easily organised with the privately operated kiosk.
If you’re looking for an outdoor space in addition to an indoor one, you can also hire the adjacent Peppercorn picnic area, including outdoor tables and ample space for a marquee.
If you’re holding a conference, bush views and walking tracks will offer your delegates a break from busy conferences and the chance to stretch their legs.
Getting there: The Bents Basin Education Centre is located in the southern section of Bents Basin State Conservation Area. To get there; follow the park road from the main entrance, located at Wolstenholme Avenue. You’ll find the Education Centre at the end of the road, near Durawi Picnic Area.
Road access: Sealed road - 2WD vehicles.
- The centre is located about 20m uphill from the carpark
- There are 90 parking spaces available
- Parking is only permitted in marked spaces, and spaces cannot be reserved for guests
- Fines apply for parking or driving in non-designated areas
- Park vehicle entry fees ($7 per vehicle) apply
- You will need to pre-purchase parking permits at time of booking, or when your booking is finalised. Permits will then be issued with your booking confirmation.
When this venue is available
You can book this venue for your exclusive use. It is available for exclusive hire from 8.30am - 5pm seven days a week.
Events this venue is suitable for
- Wedding ceremonies (max 120 people)
- Wedding receptions (max 90 people)
- Private/corporate lunches (max 90 people)
- Conferences (max 90 people)
General facilities: gas/electric barbecues, picnic tables, carpark, drinking water, flush toilets, electric power, venue, education centre
Venue facilities: toilets, drinking water, electric power, carpark, gas/electric barbecues, picnic tables
Other facilities: Tables and chairs are also available for hire.
- Picnic area: $27.50
- Education centre hire, per day: $110
- Education centre hire with outdoor barbecue area, per day: $137.50 (Peppercorn area includes 1 electric barbecue)
- Tables, per table per day (max. 10): $8.80
- Chairs, per chair per day (max. 80): $1.10
- Park vehicle entry fee: $7 per vehicle
- Supervision fee, per hour or part thereof (min. 3 hours): Mon-Fri 7am to 5pm $55 per hour; all other times and days $71.50 per hour.
- Tents/marquees. Must be weighted.
- Commercial catering.
- Amplified/loud music and/or public address systems. Noise restrictions apply.
Not permitted here:
- Candles or other open flames.
- Confetti, rice, petals or similar.
- Domestic animals.
- Vines and other exotic plant material.
- Butterfly releases.
- Depositing ice or iced water on grassed areas.
- Roping off areas or signs re exclusive event.
- When in force, total fire bans apply to events held at this venue
- All rubbish must be removed at the conclusion of the event.
Bookings, payments and refunds
Bookings are essential, can be made over the phone, (02) 4774 8662, or in person at the Bents Basin office and can be made up to 6 months in advance. Bookings will only be accepted from persons over the age of 18 years.
In lieu of a security deposit NPWS (OEH) reserves the right to charge post-event fees for any damages or failure to comply with all conditions.
EFTPOS and cash at Bents Basin office only
money order – payable to OEH
credit card - Mastercard and Visa.
If you post a money order you will be advised by post of booking confirmation, including a tax invoice and reservation number.
Postponement can occur twice from the original planned date of arrival (subject to availability), after which time all fees paid are forfeited by the customer
OEH will attempt to accommodate the transfer of booking dates provided the transfer date(s) is confirmed at the time of cancellation and the new date is within the 6 month booking limit
Fees paid for booking will not be split into multiple postponements. Multiple postponements will not be merged into one postponement. If a postponement is for less than the original amount paid, the unused portion of the payment will be forfeited by the customer.
Facility bookings will be cancelled if full payment is not received at least 7 days (non peak season) or 14 days (peak periods - public and school holidays) prior to the occupation of the facility
OEH is not required to issue notice before cancelling a booking due to lack of payment. However, we will attempt to contact the applicant by phone prior to the cancellation
Refunds, less a $25 administration fee, will only apply when written cancellation is received from the person named in the booking either 7 days (peak) or 14 days (non peak) or more prior to the booking
If written notification of cancellation is received greater than seven (7) days (peak periods) or fourteen (14) days (non peak) prior to the date of the booking then the full fee, less $25 administration fee, will be refunded
There is no refund for cancellations received less than seven (7) days (peak periods) or fourteen (14) days (non peak) prior to the date of the booking, including cancellations for inclement weather
There is a full refund if any individual facility is closed by OEH
There are no refunds for people expelled from the park as a result of breaches of the National Parks and Wildlife Act and Regulations.
- A privately run kiosk operates from this venue with a variety of hot and cold foods, snacks, hot and cold drinks, ice cream and some camping supplies
- Please note that catering agreements are between you and the kiosk operator - they do not involve the NPWS.
Interested in this venue?
Bents Basin State Conservation Area local office, Phone: 02 4774 6800