NSW Cleaner Vehicles and Fuels Strategy
The NSW Cleaner Vehicles and Fuels Strategy (cleanervehicles08327.pdf 1.16MB) outlines NSW Government actions for cleaner fuels and a cleaner motor vehicle fleet. The plan also links with transport and planning actions to reduce vehicle dependence and traffic congestion.
A draft version of this strategy was released for public comment at the Clean Air, Cool Climate Forum on 23 November 2007.
The NSW Cleaner Vehicles and Fuels Strategy outlines a range of vehicle and fuel related initiatives, including:
- vapour recovery at service stations
- the Summertime Low-Volatility Petrol Program
- the NSW Diesel Retrofit Program
- the environmental rating of heavy vehicles
- benchmarking the vehicle fleet
- the NSW FleetWise Partnership
- alternative Fuels
- community awareness and behaviour change education.
Page last updated: 26 February 2011