Choosing, buying and renewing your annual pass
Purchase or renew an annual pass
There are four different types of annual pass (see the table below), so you can choose the pass that best meets your needs.
You can purchase or renew an annual pass:
- Online - delivery will be within 7 working days for online orders purchased through our secure NSW government online bookshop. To purchase an annual pass online make your selection from one of the orange buttons in the form below. To renew your annual pass, the procedure is exactly the same.
- By phone - just call (02) 9253 0880 within Sydney or 13000 PARKS (1300 072 757) for the cost of a local call from landlines within Australia.
- By email, fax or post - simply download the form [PDF 120KB], fill in and send to the National Parks Contact Centre.
- In person at NSW national parks offices and visitor centres.
Please note, your annual pass is only valid when affixed to the nominated motor vehicle. If you are visiting a park within the next ten days you are advised to purchase your annual pass at the visitor information centre, vehicle entry station or park office prior to entering the park. Proof of purchase is not sufficient to obtain park entry; you must have the annual pass to gain entry.
Request a renewal reminder
Annual pass renewal reminder form
Pensioner Concession Card holder exemption
An NPWS Exemption Card is available for individuals who hold a valid Pensioner Concession Card or Veterans receiving an Extreme Disability Allowance, Intermediate Rate and Special Rate pensions.
Please follow the instructions for NPWS exemption cards to obtain your card.
For more details, contact the OEH National Parks Contact Centre
, or see:
Choose which annual pass to purchase or renew
- All prices include GST.
- Senior Card holders are entitled to a discount of approximately 20% on the full price of an annual pass for a vehicle registered in their name. You will need to apply by fax or mail to the OEH National Parks Contact Centre and include copies of both your Seniors Card and your vehicle registration papers. NB: The vehicle must be registered in the same name as the Seniors Card holder. You may also present the documents in person to the OEH Information Centre in Sydney CBD, or to one of our major visitor centres. Seniors discounts cannot be combined with any other annual pass discounts.
- Pensioner Concession Card holders and EDA, Intermediate and Special Rate (blinded, TPI and TTI) pensioners are entitled to free entry into all NSW national parks and reserves. You can obtain your exemption card from the OEH National Parks Contact Centre. You will need to provide a copy of both sides of your Pensioner Concession Card on application.
- If you have previously purchased an annual pass and have received a renewal notice you can renew your pass online.
All national parks and reserves in NSW are covered by the annual pass, with the exception of the following:
- Worimi Conservation Lands require an access permit. See Worimi Conservation Lands - beach driving for more information.
- Booderee National Park at Jervis Bay is managed jointly by the Wreck Bay Aboriginal Community and the Australian Government Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities.
- Parks in the ACT managed by the ACT Parks and Conservation Service are also not covered by the NSW annual pass.
Page last updated: 09 April 2013