MENU

Environmental issues

Water

Sydney ocean beaches

Northern

City

Southern

Wednesday 8 July 2015

Issued at 7:00 AM

Rainfall data has been used to predict the likelihood of bacterial contamination at Sydney's ocean beaches.

Hover over maps for council updates, the latest weekly star ratings and annual Beach Suitability Grades.

Legend

Pollution is unlikely Pollution is unlikely, enjoy your swim!
Pollution is possible Pollution is possible, take care.
Pollution is likely Pollution is likely, avoid swimming today.
Update Updated information available.

More information about this forecast

 

As a general precaution, swimming at Sydney's oceans beaches should be avoided for up to one day after heavy rainfall or for as long as stormwater is present. The most obvious signs of stormwater pollution are water discolouration as well as debris in the water and on the tide line.

Beach Conditions

Weather – Partly cloudy. Medium (70%) chance of showers near the coast, tending slight (30%) chance in the west. 

Winds – Light.

Rainfall – 10mm in the previous 24 hours

Expected maximum temperature – 17oC

Ocean temperature – 18oC

Swell – Southerly 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2 metres offshore.

High tide – 1.54 metres at 13:31.

Low tide – 0.36 metres at 07:13.

 

 

Report pollution 131 555
Twitter @BeachwatchNSW
Web environment.nsw.gov.au/beach