More information on NPWS school excursions
- There is a small cost for each student participating in school excursions. This may vary, based on such things as the location used, the length of the activity, and staff members required. In most cases, the cost includes work sheets for the activity.
- One designated teacher may attend free with every 15 students.
- All 'Discovery for schools' educational activities are conducted by NPWS Discovery rangers and guides, who are experienced in working with students.
- All Discovery rangers have been submitted to a Working with Children Check.
- Students need to be accompanied by their class teacher.
- It is the responsibility of the school to provide sufficient numbers of adult supervisors, as required by the NSW Department of Education and Training.
Page last updated: 27 February 2011