Nominations for the 2017 Green Globe Awards are now open.
Open for nomination until 5pm Tuesday 27 June 2017 from:
- NSW public sector
- NSW local councils
- community organisations
- partnerships between business
- non-government organisations
- government and community groups
- research groups
- recipients of funding from the NSW Environmental Trust and other bodies.
How to nominate
1. Create your online account
Create an online account.
Once you create an account, you will receive a username and password. If you already have an account, you can use the same login details.
The online entry lets you save your nomination, copy and paste text from other programs and print your entry.
2. Fill out your contact details
Enter the information requested on the online nomination form.
3. Select an award category
Ten award categories are open for nomination from businesses, governments, community groups and individuals.
Tailor your application to fit a particular award category. You can make multiple entries as long as you modify your application to fit a particular award category.
The Premier’s Award for Environmental Excellence is the highest honour. It’s awarded to the best overall entry, which is decided by the judging panel.
4. Provide an organisation or individual profile
Enter the details requested on the online nomination form to set up your profile.
5. Supply an executive summary of achievements
This will be used as the basis for any information we include on the Green Globe Awards website, and at the awards presentation.
6. Answer the judging criteria
Each entry will be judged on 3 equally weighted criteria:
- leadership and innovation
- engagement and partnerships
- outcomes and benefits.
Please use up to 3000 characters (about 500 words) for each section.
7. Upload supporting information
This is to provide support for the claims made in the nomination.
You should include a maximum of 2 supporting documents for each of the 3 judging criteria. That’s a total of 6 documents.
You can include up to 5 additional files to give a visual representation of the project, organisation or individual. These may be videos, images or logos.
Please note that the maximum file size for each document is 5MB.
8. Submit your nomination
The deadline for nominations is 5pm (AEST) on Tuesday 27 June 2017.
The awards process
- An independent judging panel will choose the best nominees.
- Finalists will be announced in September.
- The winners will be announced and celebrated at an invitation-only award ceremony in October, hosted by the NSW Minister for the Environment.