Integrated Environmental Program
In December 2003, the NSW Government's Environmental Trust invited Expressions of Interest for funding under its Integrated Environmental Program.
Funding was aimed at programs that:
- addressed priority environmental issues of state significance
- made a difference to the current overall management of the environmental issue in NSW
- delivered integrated environmental outcomes or services and demonstrated excellent collaboration between agencies, local government and the community
- were consistent with relevant government policy priorities
- demonstrated that more appropriate sources of funding were not available and were cost effective.
Grants from $500,000 were available for integrated programs of up to 3 years duration for partnership proposals between the following groups.
Local government organisations, Community groups, Industry groups, Environmental groups, Universities and research organisations, State government agencies
Funding was available for programs that helped achieve one or more of the following objectives of the Trust:
- Environmental restoration and rehabilitation to prevent or reduce pollution, waste or other environmental degradation
- Environmental research
- Environmental education
Grants awarded under the 2004 Integrated Environmental Program
The Trust awarded 9 grants totalling $13,846,466. A list of sucessful projects and project summaries is available on the 2004 Integrated Environmental Program summaries page.
Page last updated: 27 February 2011