Appliance replacement offer
We are offering discounts on new energy efficient fridges and TVs so you can replace your old inefficient models. New appliances can cut your energy bills, improve your household and family living costs and help protect our environment.
We are offering:
- a 40 per cent discount on the cost of a fridge
- a 50 per cent discount on the cost of a TV
If you're eligible you can:
- Choose from selected energy efficient fridges and TVs from our retail partner The Good Guys
- Have your new appliance delivered to your home and installed
- Have your old appliance removed and recycled
To be eligible you must meet the following conditions:
- be a NSW resident
- hold one of the following valid concession cards:
- Pensioner Concession Card
- Health Care Card or Low Income Health Care Card from Centrelink
- Veterans' Affairs Gold Card
- own a fridge six years old, or older, and want to replace it
- own a plasma or cathode ray tube (CRT) television and want to replace it
Commonwealth Seniors Health Card holders are not eligible for this offer.
Apply online now
If you meet the eligibility criteria, apply online below. There are three easy steps and the application takes five to ten minutes to complete.
Make sure you have your valid concession card handy when you apply.
Need more help?
Or call our retail partners at The Good Guys on 1300 601 795. Or email us.
Other ways to save money on your energy bills
Energy rebates help eligible families, concession card holders and customers using approved medical equipment to pay their energy bills.
Energy Accounts Payment Assistance (EAPA) helps customers in short term financial crisis or emergency to pay their energy bills.
Power's in Your Hands helps you find an energy deal that suits the needs of your household.
The program permits the purchase of a maximum of one fridge and one TV per household.
Delivery is compulsory under this offer. The delivery driver will remove your old appliance when your new appliance is delivered. The Good Guys are not able to accept old appliances at their stores.
Delivery is available to all locations in NSW however installation and removal cannot be guaranteed for areas more than 50 kilometres from one of The Good Guys stores. To confirm if installation and removal is available in your area, please contact The Good Guys on 1300 601 795. They can also advise you on possible alternative arrangements if installation and/or removal is not available in your area.
TV installation does not include channel tuning, connecting the TV to other devices or wall mounting.
The discounts are being funded by the NSW Government through the Home Energy Action Program. The Program runs to 30 June 2017 and discounts are available only during this time and are subject to Government funding and the Office of Environment and Heritage (OEH) approval. Applying online does not form a contract between you and OEH.
What would you like to do next?
Page last updated: 11 November 2016