Apply to join a NPWS regional advisory committee
Applications are sought from community members to fill positions on NPWS regional advisory committees.
Applicants should have a strategic interest in caring for and protecting our environment and heritage. Appointments are for terms of up to 4 years.
The committees align with the 8 National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS) Operations Branches:
- Blue Mountains
- Greater Sydney
- Hunter Central Coast
- North Coast
- Northern Inland
- South Coast
- Southern Ranges
Committees will include at least 2 Aboriginal people, and people with qualifications, experience and expertise in one or more of the following:
- conservation biology, wildlife management or related disciplines
- local government
- community involvement in conservation
- Aboriginal cultural heritage
- rural or regional issues
- agriculture and rural issues (nominated by NSW Farmers)
- ecotourism or ecologically sustainable visitor or tourist use, enjoyment and appreciation of reserves
- environmental education
- non-Aboriginal cultural heritage conservation.
For more information on NPWS regional advisory committees, and a map of the 8 NPWS Operations Branch boundaries, visit the Advisory committees webpage.
How to apply
Applications open on Wednesday, 4 April 2018 and close Tuesday, 1 May 2018.
For enquiries, email email@example.com.