Middle Head Masterplan open for consultation
The National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS) is encouraging people to have their say on a draft masterplan that will guide the management of the beautiful Middle Head and Georges Head precinct, Sydney Harbour National Park, into the future.
Regional Manager Peter Hay said the masterplan looks to the future use of buildings at Middle Head and looks to improve visitor facilities including link tracks, parking and interpretation.
“We are encouraging everyone with an interest in this unique and beautiful site to have their say from the 3 November until the 16 December 2016,” Mr Hay said.
“NPWS has worked closely with the Sydney Harbour Federation Trust (SHFT) in the preparation of the masterplan.
“The SHFT will be exhibiting its Middle Head Management Plan at the same time so that people can see what is proposed for the headland as a whole.”
To date, NPWS has run a number of consultative sessions with the community and key stakeholders including a joint planning and information day with SHFT.
Mr Hay said a key focus of the Masterplan was the importance of continuing the Harbour Scenic Walk through Middle Head and Georges Head.
“Master planning is an important part of how we manage our reserve system and we want as many people as possible to get involved and tell us what they think,” Mr Hay said.
Copies of the Master plan can be found at:
• Office of Environment and Heritage, Level 14, 59-61 Goulburn Street, Sydney NSW 2000
• NPWS Harbour Office, Cnr Middle Head Road and Old Forts Road, Mosman 2088
• Harbour Trust Office, Sydney Harbour Federation Trust, Building 28, Best Avenue, Mosman NSW 2088
• Mosman Council, Mosman Square, Spit Junction, Mosman NSW 2088
• Mosman Council Library, Library Walk, 605 Military Rd Mosman NSW 2088
For more information and to have your say visit: Have your say on NSW environment and heritage.
Contact: Gabrielle Last