See how farmers are reaping the benefits of solar energy
Want to reduce diesel and electricity costs? This field day has site inspections at two Narromine properties where renewable energy from the sun is powering irrigation.
Field day participants will be able to:
- see a 100kW diesel solar hybrid pumping system and a 100kW grid-connected system used for irrigation
- find out from locals about setup, costs, pros and cons
- get advice from experts.
Hosted by: NSW Office and Environment and Heritage and community not-for-profit landcare organisation, Macquarie 2100.
When: 10am –3pm, Tuesday 8 March 2016, register by 4 March
Where: Narromine properties, locations and map on request.
- Solar Pumping Businesses, farmers available to talk to you on the day
- New research into solar/diesel hybrid and solar/grid irrigation systems presented by CottonInfo
- Feasibility and system design of solar pumping, including battery storage presented by NSW Farmers
- Support for irrigators presented by The Australian Renewable Energy Agency
- Financing renewables and energy efficiency
- The Orana Biohub project - benefits for farmers and the region presented by Bio-energy
- Understanding your options presented by solar pump technology suppliers
More information and how to register: contact Karin Stark, OEH
T: (02) 6883 5321