NPWS Commercial Tour Operator Grant Program
The NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service Commercial Tour Operator Grant Program takes a strategic partnership approach to develop and enhance nature and culture-based visitor experiences in five iconic destinations across NSW. The Program recognises the important role that commercial tour operators play in delivering national park experiences and growing the visitor economy of NSW.
In supporting commercial tour operators to develop new and enhance existing visitor experiences, NPWS can continue to ensure that NSW national parks deliver outstanding nature and cultural based visitor experiences that attract people to our State's national parks.
The five destinations for which grant funding is available are part of the National Landscapes Program; a partnership between conservation and tourism that recognises the value of Australia's nature and wildlife to the visitor economy.
The NSW National Landscapes are:
- Australian Alps (Alpine)
- Australia's Coastal Wilderness (Far South Coast)
- Australia's Green Cauldron (Northern Rivers)
- Greater Blue Mountains
- Sydney Harbour
Download the NSW Landscapes map (PDF 631KB) and list of parks within each NSW landscape.
- Lead applicant must hold a valid Parks Eco Pass.
- The program is available to small tourism business operators.
- A total of $360,000 is available over a two-year period (split evenly).
- Projects may be a collaboration across a destination and include off-park providers and activities.
- Grant projects must align with the Experience Development Strategy for that region (see downloads)
- Workshops in each of the National Landscapes will be conducted to develop project concepts.
- Potential applicants will be invited to participate in a workshop through an expression of interest process.
- Successful applicants will receive business mentoring.
Key dates - Year 1
||10am Monday 23 May 2016
|Full applications open
||14 June 2016
|Full applications close
||10am Monday 22 July 2016
|Advice to applicants
||8 August 2016
|Grant agreement completed and funds transferred
||August 2016 onwards
||1 September 2018
These strategies identify the point of difference for each National Landscape and intend to support the development of new and enhanced visitor experiences. Grant projects should be in line with the themes and ideas presented in the relevant Experience Development Strategy.
For more information please contact email@example.com
Page last updated: 29 April 2016