Deua Catchment Parks Draft Plan of Management
The Deua Catchment Parks Draft Plan of Management is now available for review and comment.
Public exhibition of the draft plan provides an important opportunity for members of the community to have a say in the future management of Berlang and Majors Creek State Conservation Areas and Frogs Hole Nature Reserve.
What is a plan of management?
Parks and reserves established under the National Parks and Wildlife Act 1974 need to have a plan of management. The plan includes information on important park values and provides directions for future management. The plan of management is a legal document, and after the plan is adopted, all operations and activities in the park must be in line with the plan.
What opportunities will the community have to comment?
The draft plan of management is on public exhibition until 13 February 2017 and anyone can review the plan and provide comments.
When will the plan of management be finalised?
At the end of the public exhibition period, NPWS will comprehensively review all submissions, prepare a submissions report and make any necessary changes to the draft plan. The Far South Coast Regional Advisory Committee and the National Parks and Wildlife Advisory Council will then review the plan along with the submissions and report.
Once their input has been considered and any further changes made to the plan, we provide the plan to the Minister for the Environment. The plan of management is finalised when the Minister formally adopts the plan under the National Parks and Wildlife Act.
How can I get more information about the draft plan?
For further information on the plan of management, please contact the NPWS Park Management Planning Team on 02 6841 0921.
Where can I see a printed copy of the draft plan?
Hard copies are available for viewing at the following locations:
- NPWS Narooma Office (corner Graham and Burrawang Streets, Narooma NSW)
- Braidwood Library (Park Lane, Braidwood NSW)
- OEH Customer Centre (Level 14, 59–61 Goulburn Street, Sydney).
How can I comment on the draft plan?
Public exhibition for the draft plan is from 14 October 2016 to 13 February 2017. You are invited to comment on the draft plan by sending a written submission during this time.
While all submissions count, they are most effective when we understand your ideas and the outcomes you want for park management. Below are some suggestions to help you write your submission:
- Write clearly and be specific about the issues that are of concern to you.
- Note which part or section of the plan your comments relate to.
- Give reasoning in support of your points — this helps avoid misinterpretation and makes it easier for us consider your ideas.
- If you agree or support a particular part or idea in the plan, please tell us.
- If you disagree, please tell us specifically what you disagree with and why you disagree.
- It is very helpful to suggest solutions or alternatives to managing the issue if you can.
You can provide your written submission using one of the methods shown below.
Public exhibition for this document was from 14 October 2016 to 13 February 2017.
Public consultation for this document has ended.
Page last updated: 14 October 2016