Leacock Regional Park is located about 35 kilometres west of the city of Sydney and 4 kilometres south of Liverpool City. It was gazetted as a regional park in 1997 and is 38.5 hectares. The park was originally part of Glenfield Farm which was established in 1810 by Dr Charles Throsby.
Leacock Regional Park protects a diverse range of values, including remnant bushland and wetlands, escarpment views, and an historic rural landscape that is listed on the State Heritage Register.
Vegetation in the park includes Cumberland Plain Woodland Critically Endangered Ecological Community, and two endangered ecological communities: River-Flat Eucalypt Forest on Coastal Floodplains and Swamp Oak Floodplain Forest.
The park links to a wildlife movement corridor along the Georges River and south-east to the bushland of Holsworthy Military Reserve and provides habitat for threatened fauna.
Page last updated:
The following buttons will open a feedback form below