State of the Parks 2001
The NPWS is developing a comprehensive State of the Parks reporting system. This system will improve the quality and quantity of information available to the public about:
- natural and cultural heritage
- the pressures faced by this heritage
- the role our parks system is playing in its conservation.
The inaugural report, State of the Parks 2001, represents the first stage in the development of this system. It provides a snapshot of conservation values at state level, and profiles a key set of 67 parks and reserves.
The State of the Parks system focuses on the lands managed by the NPWS. It will help the government meet commitments to ensure a comprehensive, adequate and representative protected area system. Importantly, the report also describes the basis for monitoring the state of the parks, and provides an explanation of how performance will be measured.
Documents to download
This document is available in two versions. You can download the full 3.3MB PDF:
- NPWS State of the Parks 2001 (PDF - 3.3MB)
Alternatively, you can download the report in the following sections:
- NPWS State of the Parks 2001 - Preliminaries (PDF - 1.1MB)
- NPWS State of the Parks 2001 - Arakoon State Recreation Area through Finchley Aboriginal Area (PDF - 732KB)
- NPWS State of the Parks 2001 - Gardens of Stone National Park through Lane Cove National Park (PDF 442KB)
- NPWS State of the Parks 2001 - Macquarie Marshes National Park through Nightcap National Park (PDF - 539KB)
- NPWS State of the Parks 2001 - Queanbeyan Nature Reserve through Yuraygir National Park (PDF - 546KB)
- NPWS State of the Parks 2001 - Appendix: full list of parks (PDF - 38KB)
Buy the report
You can buy State of the Parks 2001 in two formats from the Government Online Bookshop:
Prices include GST and postage and handling.
Page last updated: 27 February 2011