The Sustainability Advantage program is assisting organisations across New South Wales to achieve increased competitiveness and improved bottom lines through better environmental practices.
Over 530 participants are saving a combined $85 million a year through the program, which helps to identify and implement projects that enable them to:
- Save money and improve productivity.
- Integrate environmental strategies with business planning.
- Use resources more efficiently.
- Engage and train staff.
- Enhance relationships with customers, suppliers and communities.
- Measure their carbon footprint and manage their emissions.
- Manage environmental risk and ensure compliance.
- Gain government support and resourcing.
- Receive the latest advice from business and government specialists.
- Broaden their network by meeting and sharing ideas with others in the same industry and region.
Participants and support
Sustainability Advantage is open to organisations from the not-for-profit, government and medium-to-large business sectors, and attracts participants from many industries, including manufacturing, commercial property, registered clubs, health, aged care, transport and education.
While results depend on a company's own efforts, the program provides expertise, training and business tools such as:
A comprehensive range of guides, case studies and templates.
One-on-one specialist support.
Facilitated networking and targeted seminars.
An extended network of like-minded organisations.
The Office of Environment and Heritage promotes the environmental achievements of participating organisations through its Sustainability Advantage recognition program.
The first step is a management diagnostic to evaluate your organisation’s current environmental performance, and help your senior managers identify and prioritise initiatives to minimise risk and create future business opportunities.
Over 18 months you’ll undertake several tailored, flexible projects selected from the seven Sustainability Advantage modules.
How to participate
To become a member of the Sustainability Advantage program, you will need to:
Contact the Sustainability Advantage team on 02 8837 6000 or via email
Commit to at least 18 months’ participation and a modest financial contribution.
Complete the initial sustainability management diagnostic.
Undertake selected Sustainability Advantage modules
Participate in networking meetings and other sustainability events.
- Report to us on your progress.
What would you like to do next?
Page last updated: 27 February 2015