OEH - supporting business for a stronger future
The office of Environment and Heritage (OEH) is supporting business growth and profits through environmental projects that boost efficiency.
Working with industry is a major part of the OEH strategy for improving the sustainability of business in NSW. We do this by establishing partnerships that foster business innovation and continual improvement.
A strong and innovative regulatory framework is still needed to set standards and prohibit environmentally damaging behaviour. The Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997 (POEO Act) is the main NSW environmental legislation covering water, land, air and noise pollution and waste management.
Find out more about business support programs
- Energy Saver helps NSW businesses and organisations to reduce energy usage, cut costs and help sustain our environment.
- The Energy Efficiency Training Program ensures NSW has the skilled workforce needed to implement energy efficiency opportunities in business, industry, government and the community.
- The Sustainability Advantage Program assists businesses to achieve good environmental performance that will reduce risk, lower costs, improve productivity and enhance reputation. OEH invites businesses to partner in this program to achieve business sustainability.
- NSW Environmental Upgrade Agreements make it easier to access finance for works to improve the energy, water or environmental efficiency or environmental sustainability of commercial buildings in participating local councils in NSW.
- The NABERS national rating system measures the environmental performance of commercial buildings and tenancies, shopping centres, hotels and homes, and can be used to fairly compare their environmental efficiency.
Further support for business
Page last updated: 19 December 2012