A lot of the work on building sites is noisy.
Activities such as hammering, cutting and grinding can be annoying to neighbours and a source of complaints from the community. Strict regulations make noise an offence.
- Reduce machinery noise by fitting noise suppressors and maintaining the machinery regularly.
- Build only during the hours permitted by Council. Legislation limits the amount of noise permitted and when it is permitted.
- Schedule noisy trucks so as to minimise annoyance to neighbours.
- Avoid the use of loud radios.
- Wear earplugs to protect your hearing.
- Your local council
- DECC Environment Line, Tel: 131 555
- Yellow Pages â€“ look under 'Noise Control Equipment' and 'Noise Insulation'
Page last updated: 21 September 2012