Sustainable business case studies
The Industry Partnership Program operated from 2002 to 2006. Matched funding for individual businesses, clusters of businesses and industry associations was provided to improve environmental performance through cleaner production.
44 projects, involving over 400 businesses were supported by the program. Each of the participating companies not only made significant economic savings but also improved their environmental performance.
Review the case studies below and learn what can be achieved through cleaner production.
Case studies from companies participating in the Sustainability Advantage program describe how they have improved their environmental and business performances.
Industry Partnership Program 2002-2006
Hawker de Havilland -
Aircraft manufacturer flying high with cleaner productionhawker.pdf
- Water heater company turns up the heat on cleaner productionrheem.pdf
- Cleaner 'business as usual' for supply chain and logistics companysiemens.pdf
- Green printing reaps dividendsfocus.pdf
Fairfield City Council and the Smithfield Wetherill Park Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Industrial estate cleans up over $1.2 million in savingsFairFClust4f1.pdf
- Cleaner production a conduit for sustainabilityVinidex.pdf
- Ozone company cleans up the laundryO3Wash4f.pdf
- Concrete recycling scheme ideal solution for wastepumperdump.pdf
- Cleaner way forward for anodising companyUnivAnod4f.pdf
- Liquid Composites: search for a 'better way' boosts efficiencyLicotec3f.pdf
- Diving deed in search of a sustainable futureThales4f.pdf
Drury dairy farm
- Dairy gains for the environment through increased productivitydrury.pdf
Hurrell dairy farm
- Dairy profits from planning and innovationhurrell.pdf
- Virtual Manufacturing: big saving opportunities for tooling industryAustool4f.pdf
Illawarra S & N Enterprise
- Recycled timber dunnage a win for shipping industryDunnage3f.pdf
Updated case studies 2007-08
Council of Textile and Fashion Industries
- Turning textile waste into profit07409Textiles.pdf
City of Lithgow
- Regional businesses 'all in this together'07407Lithgow.pdf
Galvanizers Association of Australia
- Galvanizing change across the industry07411Galvanisers.pdf
- Concrete recycling a winner for the construction industry08382Pumperdump.pdf
To pursue sustainability advantages through a partnership with the NSW Department of Environment, Climate Change and Water, call Business Partnerships today on (02) 8837 6000.
Page last updated: 27 February 2011