Training and education
The Office of Environment and Heritage (OEH) supports education and skills development for industry and local government as a key element of our transition to a sustainable low carbon economy. Workforce training programs, courses and resources include:
Course in Protection of the Environment: Authorised Officers
This four day course assists local council regulatory officers to fulfil their roles and responsibilities under the Protection of the Environment Operations Act (POEO). The Authorised Officers course is competency based, practical and delivered up to four times per year. Since the course was revised in 2005 it has been delivered to over 430 participants from 107 councils and 3 state government departments.
The course consists of eight modules:
Legislation and Council Policies
Appropriate Regulatory Authority and Authorised Officers and Enforcement Officers
Inspecting and Assessing a Site Activity
Managing Environmental Incidents
Collection, Organisation and Presentation of Samples/Evidence
Preparing Reports and Court Procedures
For the course outline and registration form see the training provider's website SD Environmental Management Pty Ltd.
For further information contact Sonja Duncan at SD Environmental Management on 02 4946 7811 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Energy Efficiency Training Program
The Energy Efficiency Training Program builds the knowledge and skills of tradespeople and professionals to support improved energy efficiency practices, products and services. Targeted energy efficiency training also has the potential to stimulate new green jobs and add green skills to existing jobs by supporting innovation, workforce development and sustainable business growth. The program is delivered in partnership between OEH and the Department of Education and Communities NSW (DEC).
Through OEH the Energy Efficiency Training Program:
- supports industry partnership projects that develop and deliver energy efficiency training and share the results with other organisations
- supports university projects that develop and deliver energy efficiency education for the Higher Education sector
- undertakes research and evaluation to inform the planning, delivery and evaluation of innovative, targeted energy efficiency training.
Through DEC the Energy Efficiency Training Program:
- provides subsidies for Registered Training Organisations to deliver accredited short courses in energy efficiency skills
- develops courses to update the energy efficiency knowledge of educators and trainers in the Vocational Education Training (VET) sector.
Page last updated: 14 December 2012