Memoranda of understanding (MOUs) are part of a collaborative approach to park management. The Office of Environment and Heritage (OEH) enters into MOUs with a variety of government agencies and recreational groups, and with Aboriginal communities for joint management of parks and other reserved lands.
OEH reviews MOUs from time to time to ensure they remain relevant, current and useful to both parties.
Current memorandum of understanding
4WD NSW and ACT Inc.
- promote conservation of the state’s natural and cultural heritage
- allow greater enjoyment, understanding and appreciation of protected areas
- create additional opportunities for the community to participate in park management
- ensure sustainable and sensitive visitor use of parks
- improve communication and conflict resolution.