This page provides links to information for landholders on the Native Vegetation Act 2003 and the Native Vegetation Regulation 2013.

If you would like to know more about what clearing you can undertake without approval, including information about routine agricultural management activities (RAMAs) and the self-assessable codes that came into effect on the 20th November 2014, go to:

What clearing can I undertake without approval?

If you would like to know more about when a property vegetation plan (PVP) is required, including how to develop and vary a PVP, go to:

Clearing that requires approval

Learn how the Office of Environment and Heritage will promote compliance with native vegetation legislation to achieve better environmental outcomes.

Your Local Land Services (LLS) is available to provide you with extension, advisory and property vegetation plan services.

They may also be able to help with financial assistance to manage or increase existing native vegetation on your property. The money will be allocated by your LLS according to priorities set out in its Catchment Action Plan and investment strategies. For further information on incentive funding and how to access it, contact your local LLS office

Page last updated: 18 September 2015