Waste Wise Events - Event equipment
Your selection of event equipment is very important in helping the public separate their waste into recyclable groups, and reducing contamination (food, liquids, some plastics) of recyclable materials collected.
Ensuring that signage and stickers on your equipment is the same across the whole venue is a vital and often overlooked component of the waste wise event.
The key is flexibility, have a waste manager on site on co-ordinate for extra bins to cover "hot-spots". If necessary move bins from quieter areas ie. near the stage and food stalls.
Handy Hint: When using wheelie bins without a cap ensure the bins stay together by using a rope or chain. This will also hamper stallholders from "borrowing" the bins.
Public area recycling equipment
|1. Bin Caps|
- Fit on top of wheelie bins to aid recycling and prevent disposal of large items
- Single or double (1 waste, 1 recycling) bin caps are preferred for ease of manual handling
- Needs to be lifted off bins to empty the bins
- Stackable for transport
- Can be used indoor and outdoor
- Some councils have caps available for loan
|2. Colour coded 240 litre wheelie bins and stickers|
|3. Recycling Cage|
- Can accept aluminium cans and glass bottles
- Can be placed in public areas or back of house areas for cleaners
- Available in 4.5, 12 cubic metre sizes
- Low maintenance and handling
Back to top
Service Area Equipment
|1. Bale and frame |
- Suitable for cardboard & mixed recyclables collection
- Locate at rear of food and beverage facilities (area with restricted public access) or position in a central waste/storage compound for caterers and vendors.
|2. Open top skip bins |
- For larger scale events
- Delivery via heavy truck, need access from road for delivery and collection.
|3. Portable Compactor|
| || |
Page last updated: 26 February 2011