Guidance Note: Asbestos and Fire-damaged Buildings
EPA has developed guidance material for use by councils and NSW Government agencies about asbestos and fire damaged buildings.
The guidance material contains information about:
- Which buildings are likely to contain asbestos?
- What is the health risk from fire damaged buildings containing asbestos?
- What precautions should be taken during clean-up of a fire-damaged building containing asbestos?
- Will neighbouring properties be affected by a fire involving asbestos?
- Who is responsible for cleaning up fire-damaged buildings containing asbestos?
- Where to get further advice or assistance
The format and structure of this publication may have been adapted for web delivery.
Page last updated: 12 June 2012