Tips & shortcuts
- To use online waste reporting you need Internet Explorer 6 and Windows 2000.
Download: IE6 (service pack 1)
- Click the for more information about screen items.
- Where an icon is greyed out you do not have user privileges for that function, or that function is unavailable for that report status.
- On Current reports, click the link/s under 'View status' for a list of actions that have been completed for that report.
- On Report status, click the 'View update log' link for details of who edited the report and when.
- When you create a customised report, the button will appear on your report so you can continue to select and deselect sections that are relevant to this reporting month.
- Save paper:
- Print a copy of just the screen contents using your browser's
File > Print menu or
- Use for a print-friendly version of the whole report.
- Online waste reporting does not allow online payment of waste contributions – you are still required to send a cheque or EFT separately.
- Report waste from council engineering works as construction & demolition waste, not as municipal waste.
- Record VENM as construction and demolition (C&D) waste.
- If only part of a waste item is exempt, enter the exempt quantity separately from the remaining quantity, on waste received screens.
- Commercial and industrial waste and building and demolition waste is reported using the same types of data – material composition code and quantity.
- To change a waste item in the Exemptions table, change the item on the Municipal, C&I, or C&D screen.
- Don't take your hands off the keys...
- Use Tab to move forward and Shift+Tab to move backwards between input fields.
- Use the arrow keys to scroll through the options in a dropdown box.
- Type the first letter of a dropdown option to jump straight to that option
- See more about assessment of, and options for disposal of, VENM.
- Contact the EPA's Waste Operations Section for information on how to complete an application for a deduction on waste used for an approved operational purpose.
- Editor and e-certifier users will be emailed when you have claimed 80% of your approved operational purpose deduction, and/or 60 days before the rebate is due to expire.
- On Notes, take care when entering notes. Once submitted, a note cannot be deleted.
- Editors, be sure to & your report before sending it for e-certification.
- On e-certify, if is not visible, you do not have user privileges for this function.
Page last updated: 12 July 2012