About us

About us

Filming and photography licences

OEH recognises the important role played by film in attracting visitors to parks, as well as the important economic contribution that the film industry makes to the State of NSW.

Commercial filming in parks requires approval and under normal circumstances OEH will issue the approval under the Filming Approval Act. The process for considering filming applications is based on an assessment of the potential environmental impacts the filming may have while recognising the benefits filming may bring to parks, the public and the State of NSW in general.

If you are interested in using a national park or reserve for commercial filming or photography, you need to complete a filming or photography application.

All applications require a minimum 7 working days’ notice.

Applying for permission
Find out how the application process works, and download the forms you need.

Filming & photography policy
This policy explains how the NPWS manages commercial filming and photography in national parks and reserves.

Public register of filming approvals


Page last updated: 23 October 2018