Information Centre (Sydney CBD)

The OEH Information Centre provides a one-stop service for a wide range of environment, conservation and heritage enquiries, for both Office of Environment and Heritage (OEH) and Environment Protection Authority (EPA) customers.

Contact the OEH Information Centre for information on a wide variety of conservation, heritage and environment topics, including:

  • air quality
  • hazardous materials
  • legislation and environment protection licensing in NSW
  • national parks and reserves
  • noise
  • pesticides
  • threatened species
  • waste disposal
  • water
  • publications.

Fact sheets, technical guides and referral advice can be provided on these issues. Our customers include industry representatives, consultants, students and the general public.

Contact details

Phone: 131 555 to report pollution and environmental incidents (local call - NSW landlines)
General enquiries: 1300 361 967 or 9995 5555 (local call - Australian landlines)
OEH Switchboard: 9995 5000
National relay service for hearing impaired customers: 133 677

Fax: (02) 9995 5999


Street address: Level 14, 59 Goulburn Street, Sydney
Travelling to our Goulburn Street office

Postal address: PO Box A290, Sydney South NSW 1232

Opening hours:

8:30 am-5:00 pm, Monday-Friday for general information inquiries.

24 hours a day, 7 days a week for reports of pollution incidents for which the EPA or OEH has regulatory responsibilities, and reports relating to motor vehicles.

Reporting pollution and other incidents

Environment Line takes reports of:

  • pollution and other environmental incidents occurring in NSW, where the EPA or OEH has a direct regulatory role
  • motor vehicle pollution in NSW, including smoky vehicles, noisy exhaust and littering from vehicles. 


Many of our publications can be downloaded from our publications page or can be accessed through Shop NSW.

To make a general enquiry about national parks, environment and conservation, and heritage or to find out if printed versions of publications are available, contact the OEH Information Centre:

Search image library

Request copyright permission

Public information

The Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (GIPA Act) gives you the right to be given access to information you ask for unless there is an overriding public interest against release.

More information about obtaining information from OEH under the GIPA Act

Was this page helpful?

Thank you for your feedback.

Would you like to tell us more?

Share this

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Page last updated: 28 December 2018