The 2019 round of the Eco Schools Program is now open and closes on Monday, 1 July 2019 at 3.00pm.
The Eco Schools program funds schools to provide hands-on environmental education with strong student participation.
The program funds projects that feature:
- environmental benefits – more efficient resource use and/or improvements to the local environment
- student participation – the development of knowledge, values and behaviour that support environmental sustainability
- teacher engagement – access to professional development and help with integrating environmental management with other aspects of the curriculum
- partnership with the community – schools and the community exploring opportunities to work together to promote sustainability.
80 individual grants of $3,500 are available to schools.
Who can apply?
All registered schools in NSW are eligible to apply. We particularly encourage projects for students with special needs.
When can applications be made?
The program is currently open and closes on Monday 1 July at 3pm.
Resources for applicants
We’ve provided examples that show how you can:
- link environmental projects with the curriculum
- deliver projects to students with special needs
- work with community organisations for environmental education.
Indicative costs (DOCX 76KB) are available to provide an idea of how much your project may cost.
When you apply for an Eco Schools grant you’ll be asked to select a project category, but you can draw ideas from examples in other categories.