Applications for the 2019 round closed on Monday 1 July 2019.
The Eco Schools program funds schools to provide hands-on environmental education with strong student participation.
The program funds projects that feature:
- environmental benefits – more efficient resource use and/or improvements to the local environment
- student participation – the development of knowledge, values and behaviour that support environmental sustainability
- teacher engagement – access to professional development and help with integrating environmental management with other aspects of the curriculum
- partnership with the community – schools and the community exploring opportunities to work together to promote sustainability.
80 individual grants of $3500 are awarded each year.
Who can apply?
All registered schools in NSW are eligible to apply. We particularly encourage projects for students with special needs.
When can applications be made?
Applications for the 2019 round have closed.
Resources for applicants
We’ve provided examples that show how you can:
- link environmental projects with the curriculum
- deliver projects to students with special needs
- work with community organisations for environmental education.
Indicative costs (DOCX 76KB) are available to provide an idea of how much your project may cost.
When you apply for an Eco Schools grant you’ll be asked to select a project category, but you can draw ideas from examples in other categories.