Eurombedah Homestead | NSW Environment, Energy and Science

Culture and heritage

Heritage

Eurombedah Homestead

Item details

Name of item: Eurombedah Homestead
Other name/s: Euromedha & Euromedah
Type of item: Built
Group/Collection: Residential buildings (private)
Category: Homestead building
Primary address: 524 Eurombedah Road, Narromine, NSW 2821
Local govt. area: Narromine
All addresses
Street AddressSuburb/townLGAParishCountyType
524 Eurombedah RoadNarromineNarromine  Primary Address

Statement of significance:

Built in the federation period, Euromedah homestead built for J.C.Ryrie is an interesting and expansive country homestead , architect designed by Henry Budden of Kent & Budden, the Architects for David Jones Store in Sydney. The house is unusual in its extensive use of brickwork especially internally, the tuck-pointing of that brickwork , the use of arches and castellated chimneys. It displays many features that must have been grand in its time including some pressed metal ceilings, fanlights, and art nouveau decoration. It remains impressive today. Built in 1910 it replaced the earlier home that was sited too close to the Macquarie River and so was subject to flooding.
The location of Euromedah on the Macquarie River is associated with the nearby important early stock crossing: the Eromedah river crossing
Euromedah is important as one of the very earliest properties to be settled in the district, which was before 1841, and held later in association with another important early local property of Weemabah. Significant activities on the property include early horse breeding, cattle grazing and Pastoralism generally. It is directly associated with important early pastoralists Saul Samuals and John Cassels Ryrie, and later with long time manager Mr. Charles Monk.
Date significance updated: 20 Nov 03
Note: The State Heritage Inventory provides information about heritage items listed by local and State government agencies. The State Heritage Inventory is continually being updated by local and State agencies as new information becomes available. Read the OEH copyright and disclaimer.

Description

Designer/Maker: Henry Budden - Architect
Physical description: Euromedah homestead is a large and gracious full brick homestead, built in English Bond garden wall brick.
Approximately 70 squares in area the house is planned around a courtyard in a ‘U’ shape, with an adjoining small schoolroom building. This is currently being converted into a small flatette or as an extra bedroom and visitor’s space.
The doors are French styled glass and panelled timber doors and windows are double hung timber windows generally. The house has many unusual features such as large timber framed and sliding windows set above a box seat window, bi-fold doors into a lounge room from an area that once formed the foyer. (The house fronted in a different direction of what it front today because the road ran along the low side of the house.) The house also features brick archways both external and internal, and a special feature of the house is the tuck pointing on the inside corridors of the house
There are bull nosed verandahs which faced the original entrance of the house which are supported on pairs of brick columns joined at the base. On the courtyard side there is a short straight verandah with exposed rafters and some similarly awnings above the windows.
The main roof is a corrugated iron hipped roof with additional gables extending out to form features to the roof. These are lined with shingles in some cases and contain arched fanlight windows in others.
There are a number of original chimneys, which feature very geometric patterns with spans of brickwork and crenulations along the top of the chimneys.
Physical condition and/or
Archaeological potential:
very good
Date condition updated:17 Oct 02
Current use: Pastoral Property
Former use: Pastoral Property

History

Historical notes: Records show that Euromedah was occupied well before the Census was taken in circa 1841. The Census recorded two references to Euromedha, one in the County of Bligh (north side of the Macquarie River where the old homestead was) with 31 men and 4 women, the second was Euromedha in the Wellington Border district (area south of the Macquarie River), with 14 men, no women. The latter probably having “out stations” manned by shepherds etc. A total of 49 people lived on the property.
By comparison Dubbo, then a very small village, had 87 people (62 men, 25 women). The research on the 1841 Census was carried out by Bob Meadley in 1984.
Euromedha was first taken up Mr. Thurlow on account of Mr. Parker of Woodstock, near Bathurst. About this time Parker also acquired Weemabah and used the property as a cattle station.
L. & S. Samuels then acquired Euromedha during the “troubles” of 1842. L. Samuels came out from England as Minister for Colonies for the British Government of the day.
A Dubbo Liberal newspaper article dated December, 1911 “Peeps into the past” on early horse racing in the area - “.....Almost everyone owned a racehorse, and some of them were superb creatures. The horses bred in this district have contributed to the racing stud of the State some of its very best blood.
I allude to the horses bred at “Euromedha” from “Gohanna,” brought from Campbelltown by Sir Saul Samuels, who then owned “Euromedha Station.” The names of some of the horses will be remembered, Ophir and Stupid being two of them. Fair Helen dam of John Tait’s celebrated horse, The Barb, was the daughter of Gohanna from Young Guinare, bred by the late John Jardine.
Mr. Samuel’s manager, Barney O’Mullin, was for many years a familiar figure in Dubbo....”
In the Government Gazette of 1848 Saul Samuels had “Euromedha,” “Weemabah” both in Narromine Shire, and “Gunningbar” in Warren Shire.
John Cassels Ryrie acquired Euromedha from S. & L. Samuels on 15th May, 1851.
John Cassels Ryrie was born in 1826 in Sydney. He married Patricia William in 1856 in Edinburgh, she died 29 April, 1860 in Parramatta aged 23. No family.
John’s second marriage was to Mary Salmon on 11 January, 1970 at Monaro.
There were 10 children to the second marriage -
1. Francis Lascelles Ryrie b. 5 October, 1870 at Euromedah
2. Frederick Somerset Macquarie Ryrie b. 26 August, 1875 at “Weemabah”
3. Sydney Villiers Ryrie b. 19 October, 1876 at Weemabah
4. Archibald Nelson Hastings Ryrie b. 13 March, 1878 at Weemabah
5. Charles Edward Irby Ryrie b. 1883
6. John Alexander George Ryrie b. 1 December, 1886 at Weemabah
7. Emily Maud Ryrie b. Euromedha 1872
8. Ethel Constance Ryrie b. 1873
9. Kathleen Isabel Ryrie b. 6. 4.1880
10. Ella Rose Ryrie b. 1881

In the Government Gazette dated 11th July, 1885 J.C. Ryrie and John Alexander owned Euromedha, it then consisted of 99,484 acres.
In the Dubbo Liberal dated Saturday 17 October, 1896 the following article appeared -
Euromedha Holding:
The following letter has been received from the Department of Lands-
“Referring to the letter from Mr. James Reilly on behalf of a public meeting held at Narromine, presented by you on the 24th ultimo, requesting that the leasehold area of Euromedha Pastoral Holding may be made available for settlement, I have the honor to inform you that the area referred to in the letter presented by you has been designed into blocks for settlement leases, and the District Surveyor will shortly be authorised to carry out surveys. The lands will probably be available on the expiration of the lease.”
On Saturday, 7th November, 1896 again in the Dubbo Liberal the following letter appeared -
“Department of Lands – November 2.
Official correspondence.
Sir, Referring to the letter presented by you on 29th ultimo from Mr. A. Walker of Narromine in regard to the areas designed for subdivision on Euromedha. I have the honor to inform you that it is proposed to subdivide the land in question into 10 settlement leases ranging from 2,400 to 5,120 acres and 7 blocks of from 640 to 2273 acres. H. Curry, Acting Under Secretary.”

The Dubbo Liberal dated Wednesday, 30th June, 1897 reported -
“In the Legislative assembly last week Mr. S. Phillips asked the Secretary for Lands -
1. Is it a fact that the lessee of Euromdah and Weemobah holdings has applied for an estension of his leases on the grounds of the continued drought in the district?
2. Is he aware that the drought has broken in the district in which these holdings are situated, and that numbers of intending settlers are anxiously awaiting the throwing open of these lands?
3. Is it his intention to grand the extensions applied for?
Mr. Carruthers answered - “The pastoral leases expire on 10th July and the 7th September next respectively. An application was received from the lessee asking that he should not be suddenly deprived of the use of the land, but no arrangement was made to grant him an extension of lease, there being no provision in the law providing for such extensions.”

On 15th September, 1897 the Dubbo Liberal again reported -
“Euromedah Holdings - Reserves on the leasehold area of Euromedah Holding will be revoked on 18th instant, and on 13th November the leasehold area will be declared a resumed area and the land set apart for settlement leases.”

A land ballot was held in January 1898 in Dubbo, and the following blocks were balloted for, as outlined in the Dubbo Liberal dated 22 January, 1898 -
Portion 14 Parish Momo, County Narromine, 5126 acres - R.J. Warren
Portion 18 Parish Momo, County Narromine, 5111 acres. Applicants all withdrew
Portion 58, Parish Minore, County Ewenmar, 1325 acres - *
Portion 15 Parish Wirrigai, County Ewenmar, 752 acres - no applicants *
Portion 48 Parish Narromine, County Narromine, 4842 acres – applicants withdrew
Portion 47, Parish Narromine, County Narromine, 1479 acres – applicants withdrew
Portion 45 Parish Narromine, County Narromine, 2339 acres – 2 applicants,
J. Eldrige (1) , J.L. Lynch (2)
Portion 46 Parish Narromine. County Narromine, 1558½ acres * - Ida M.Webb.
Portion 1 Parish Wirrigai, County Ewenmar, 2560 acres - *
Portion 12 Parish Wirrigai , County Ewenmar, 1560 acres - *
Portion 13 Parish Wirrigai, County Ewenmar, 2282 acres - *
Portion 14 parish Wirrigai county Ewenmar 2560 acres - 2 applications - A.J. Maybury (1) J. Carter, (2)
Portion 38 Parish Euromedha, County Ewenmar - 2700 acres – applicants withdrew
Portion 44 Parish Narromine, County Narromine, 2451 acres - J.L. Lynch.
Portion 42 Parish Narromine, County Narromine, 640 acres * - 2 applications E.C.
Jepson (1), Charles Carpenter (2).
Portion 43 Parish Narromine, County Narromine, 2398 acres - 6 applicants - A. Kennedy (1), J. Eldridge (2), J. Webb (3)
* indicates these portions had previously been applied for under the 11th section of the Act.”

John Cassels Ryrie died in 1900. His obituary said in part -
“Mr. Ryrie was a somewhat extensive traveller in his youth and visited Europe and other places, but on reaching man’s estate he turned his attention - even before the “golden fifties” - to stock raising in this colony. A few years later he acquired the Euromedah property, in the Macquarie River district, and thereafter became a permanent resident of this portion of the colony except for short intervals. He was successively interested as sole owner of, or partner in, “Wonbobbie,” “Eenaweena,” “Buggebedah,” Cathundral,” “Nevertire,” and “Weemabah” runs, and preserved his interest in the last named property up to the time of his death. He also owned land in Queensland.
He was a successful grazier, an exceptionally keen business man, a lover of first class animals and an excellent judge of stock; but withal he was a public spirited citizen. He was one of the oldest magistrates of the colony, and for many years was a prominent member of the various Stock Board of the colony, he was also for long a valued worker on the committee of the Dubbo hospital, and a leading official of the Dubbo P.A. & H. Association.”

An article in the Western Magazine dated 22 September, 1975 states -
“The Ryrie family took up Euromedha in the Narromine district in 1851 and Weemabah, north of Trangie in 1871.
Cattle were walked overland from Queensland to be brought up to market conditions on the two choice river properties.
J.C. Ryrie’s son, Frank Lascelles Ryrie, became as famous as his distinguished sire. He worked hard and played hard. Stories were told for many years afterward about his weakness for riding a horse upstairs to the Lounge of a Narromine hotel.”

Euromedha Homestead
The old Euromedha homestead was built on lower ground near the Macquarie River and as a result it always went under water during flood time.
In 1870, the year of a big flood, Mr. and Mrs. J. C. Ryrie were living at “Euromedah”,
The story is told that Mr. Isaac Roberts, the overseer at “Euromedah” at the time of the flood asked an Aboriginal how Mr. and Mrs. Ryrie were faring, and he replied “no plurry good Boss, no plurry good.” So the Aborigines cut out a bark boat and rowed to the Euromedah house to find Mr. and Mrs. Ryrie marooned on the roof with their belongings, including Mrs. Ryrie’s piano! Mr. and Mrs. Ryrie moved to Weemabah in 1872.
In 1883 Mr. Charles Monk took over the management of “Euromedha” for Mr. Ryrie. He stayed in that position until 1901.

The Dubbo Liberal dated 8 April, 1896 reported on an accident to Mr. Monk -
“Accident to Mr. Charles Monk
Mr. Charles Monk, manager of “Euromedah,” met with a serious accident on Easter Monday. He was driving to Narromine in company with Miss McGregor and Mr. Thomas Cameron; they were within two miles of Narromine when the under carriage of the vehicle gave way. The horse started off suddenly and threw Mr. Monk, who was driving, out of the vehicle. He was thrown to the ground with great force and rendered unconscious. When he came to Mr. Monk was carried to Mr. Robert Webb’s place and a dray was sent for. Mr. Monk was very badly injured and was in a serious condition late on Monday night. Miss McGregor and Mr. Cameron escaped unhurt. A telegram received in Dubbo on Tuesday morning states that Mr. Monk is seriously ill, he is still unconscious.”
When Mr. Monk left Euromedha he purchased “Tantitha,” a property in the south of the Shire, originally part of Euromedha.

In 1908 the coloured plans of the new Euromedha homestead were finished by Kent & Budden, Architects who had designed David Jones Store in Sydney. The present day Euromedha homestead was built in 1910. It was a magnificent 72 square homestead. It is believed that the bricks for the home were made on the property, a photo taken in the 1970’s shows an indent in the ground not far from the homestead where it was said the bricks were made. This was not uncommon as there are now several country homestead who had their bricks made on the spot.
Brick stables were also erected, date unknown, and these have in recent years been demolished. A school room was attached to the house where the Ryrie children were educated by a Governess.
In 1924 Euromedha consisted of 7,010 acres.
On 22nd May 1992 Hugh Ryrie sold Euromedha (730.5 ha) and Cooltah (505.8 ha) to Bradstreet.
Bradstreet then sold to S. & D Shibble, D & E Rutledge and P.T. & N. Thomas on 7 June, 1998.
On 24 September, 1999 S. & D. Shibble, D.& E. Rutledge and P.T. & N. Thomas sold to S.J. & D. Shibble.
On 11 February, 2000 S. & D. Shibble sold to S.J. Shibble.
On 27 April, 2000 S.J. Shibble sold Euromedha to David & Heather Ringland

Euromedha School
In 1884 Messrs. R. Webb of “Woodlands Station,” Mr. C. Monk, Manager of “Euromedha Station”, Mr. T. Norris, Publican, Mr. J. Bartier, overseer, Mr. J. Kinsella, selector, and Mr. McGarrity, fettler applied for a Provisional School at Euromedah, south of the Macquarie River, midway between Minore and Narromine, Parish Mt. Park. The local residents indicated they had 10 boys and 10 girls ready to go to school ranging in age from 4 years to 13 years.
The school commenced as a provisional one in 1885. The school building was constructed by Mr. N.C. Hill of Narromine. The building was on the southern side of the river.
It would seem the first teacher was Miss Evelyn Nash who was there in November, 1886, and by November, 1887 Anastatia Dowling was the teacher.
In 1888 Robert Webb of “Woodlands” sent a letter to the Department objecting to the Euromedah school being made a half time school with a proposed school at Dappo -
“...the distance being fully from 10-11 miles as the crow flies, by road 16 miles. I feel sure a half time school would be of no use to either the residents here or at Dappo. The cause of the low attendance at the Euromedah school of late has been sickness and one family being instructed at home which will now attend, and as there are a number of younger children who will likely attend by the end of the year, and the attendance is from nearly 12 at the present time only.”
Mr. Webb was supported by Mr. Charles Monk of Euromedha who wrote to the Department on 16 August, 1888 stating he was also opposed to a half time school with Dappo -
“.....In consequence of one family having left the neighbourhood, who were sending 5 children the attendance has not been up to the average last quarter, and perhaps may not reach the average this quarter, as measles are prevalent and some of the children are laid low. But next quarter I have great hopes of the average gbeing kept up. I would indeed be very sorry to see our little school closed as the children are getting on remarkably well under the present teacher. I have 4 children going to the school, they attend most regularly.”
A mud map showing the location of the school in 1884 shows Mr. Monk on the northern side of the river, so his children had to cross the river each day to get to school.
The Euromedha school closed in November, 1889.
On 21 June, 1898 a letter was sent to the Minister for Education requesting the re-opening of the Provisional School at Euromedha which closed in 1889. The letter was accompanied by the signatures of Mrs. Eades with two children, Frank Woods with five children, John Thomas with three children, Mrs. Cowen with one child, William Smith with two children and William Bult with three children, a total of 16 children.
The Euromedha re-opened again in October, 1898 when it became a half time school with Minore, and lasted as a half time school until December, 1899.
In February, 1900, it became a provisional school again.
The Inspector reported that the former school “when a few repairs are effected, will be in good order.” The parents will repair the chimney, supply two new sashes and place a lock on the door. The building is 18 ft x 12 ft and 9 ft high. Walls are of sawn slabs with battens over cracks. Roof is bark covered with corrugated iron. There is a western verandah. Mr. Monk of Euromedha station has some school furniture which he took care of when the school closed.
In 1902 a petition was presented to the Education Department asking that the Euromedha School might be removed to a more central site near “Webb Siding” to benefit the parents and children who live on the southern side of the railway line. At present 24 children attend the school which crowds the building out so that the teacher has scarcely room to stand. This building is 17 ft x 11 ft and 10 ft high, and the narrowness of the building makes it very unsuitable for school purposes.
The petition was signed by Robert Webb, W. Loudon, J. Butcherine, James Byrnes, H. Lovett, W. Bult, E. Milne, L. Dowton and F. Woods.
The Inspector recommended that a new school room be erected on the proposed site at Webb’s Siding promised by Mr. Robert Webb. The building, according to a mud map, was located south of the railway line.
The Inspector stated that the iron on the roofs of the present buildings and verandahs could be utilised in connection with the new building. The new W.C.’s could be removed. The tank and guttering are nearly new, and could be made use of for the new school.
Tenders were called, 3 being received, and one from Mr. Loudon for £65 was accepted. Mr. Bain from Dubbo tendered £115.
Some of the teachers who taught at the schools were Evelyn Nash (1886), Anastatia Dowling (1887), Miss Blundell (1888), Miss Hanson (1898), David S. Johnston (1898), John F. Olde (1900), Thomas Bourke (1903), Neil McAulay (1904), James E Elliott (1906).
The school closed in 1909 owing to small attendance.
In 1913 two events - residents of the area tried to have a school opened as the “Kaloombi” school. It was refused.
In the same year the Rev. C.W. Leavers, Rector of St. Mary’s Anglican Church at Narromine, asked for permission to use the disused school building at Webb’s Siding for church services. There is no indication on the files that the request was granted.

EUROMEDHA RIVER CROSSING

The late Al Ryrie tells the following story of one of the happenings in the Narromine district about the year 1865 as told to him by the late Joe Roberts, who’s father was an eye witness of the happening.
“There was a teamster returning from Bourke with sixteen bullocks and an empty ten ton waggon. Passing through Nyngan he gave a traveller a lift, the man wanted to get to Sydney. Eventually the team got to Timbrebongie and crossed the Macquarie River which was very low at that point, and on they came. For some unknown reason they diverted to the Euromedha crossing of the river instead of the Minore crossing which was the more direct one.
The day was hot and as the bullocks smelt the water as they neared the Euromedha crossing they got into a trot, the teamster riding on his horse beside the waggon and the traveller up on top. As the teamster steered the team down the bank, he saw the river had risen to half a banker, but it was too late to stop the team and all went into the river.
All the bullocks and the traveller were drowned, the latter’s body being recovered on the beach at Thomas’ Rocks on “Woodlands.”
The teamster rode up to the Euromedha homestead where J.C. Ryrie resided and told his tale of woe. When the river went down the teamster went to the spot and cut loose the drowned bullocks and hauled his waggon out with bullocks lent by Mr. Ryrie. Mr. Ryrie employed him, and told him to break in another team with bullocks from his property. He stayed at Euromedha for a considerable time while be broke in another team.
Eventually he went on his way promising to return and pay for the new team when he had the money. To the surprise of Mr. Ryrie the man returned some time later with the money, but was told by “J.C.” that as he was an honest man and needed the money more than he did he did not want the money back.
The teamster often called and spent a day or two at Euromedha with J.C. Ryrie after this.”

The Dubbo Dispatch dated 30 September, 1892 carried another story on the crossing -
“The Drowning fatality at Euromedha
On Saturday morning Mrs. and Miss Monk, and Miss Nash were returning from Dubbo and reached the river at 1 o’clock, where they had to cross in a boat. A young man, 21 years of age, named George Nixson and Bertie Monk, a boy of 13 years, came over for them. While George was putting the buggy in the shed, Bertie took Mrs. Monk and Miss Nash over, leaving Miss Monk to cross when the luggage was being brought over. Bertie Monk was to go to Woodlands, and so remained on the opposite side.
George brought the boat, which is a flat bottomed one, nearly across but the river being high, and on the rise, the boat was swept round against a tree and capsized, and all went under. George, who was a capital swimmer, dived and brought Miss Monk up, and attempted to take her to the bank, but finding he could not do so, swam with her after the boat, which they succeeded in reaching. Berite Monk saw the boat capsize, and gave the alarm, and all hands on the station were soon at the river, trying all possible means of rescuing them. He tried to spur his horse into the stream, where the boat was capsized, but could not get it into the water. A little further down he rode into the river, thinking he could take his horse to thek, but he was swept down and under, but got out again safely. He then galloped further down the river, and was going in a third time, but Miss Monk, who was on the boat, implored him not to do so. Men on both sides attempted to swim to the rescue. Everyone from Euromedha to Narramine did their utmost to assist them. Mr. Edward Cahill very narrowly escaped being drowned while attempting to reach them with a rope. Miss Monk was quite calm and took in the whole situation. She exhorted them not to come in, and tried to cheer George the whole time they were together. When they had gone about ten miles, young Nixson became exhausted, perhaps got cramps, and fell off. When Miss Monk saw George go, she felt weak for the first time, turned giddy, and nearly lost her hold on the boat, but recovered and clung on for four miles further, answering those who were encouraging her till help arrived. Mr. Stevenson of Collyburl, was about to go in to her rescue, but thinking of the boat, galloped down to his place, and with three of his men rowed upstream for about a mile and reached Miss Monk just as she was thoroughly exhausted. When she saw the other boat coming she called out, “here comes the other boat,” and those on the banks cheered her loudly. When the boat reached her, she was just sensible enough to put out her hand, and then became unconscious, in which state she remained for some time. She had been in the water two and a half hours. She was taken to Collyburl where all possible means of restoring her were resorted to. Nothing could exceed the kindness of Mr. Burns and Mr. Stevenson and others, and everything that it was possible to do was done. Great credit is due to Mr. Stevenson, for his timely rescue, and cheer after cheer was given by those who lined the banks as he took Miss Monk off the boat to which he had clung for twelve miles in a swift flowing current. Mr. Webb, with great presence of mind, rode along the bank and cheered and encouraged Miss Monk all through the trying ordeal. Too much credit cannot be given to everyfrom from Euromedah to Narromine for their generous help and brave offers of assistance. Poor young Nixson wanted to try and swim out with Miss Monk, but she would not allow it, feeling sure that he would never accomplish the task. She urged him to do what he could for himself, saying she was all right, and that there was a boat a little further on. Too much cannot be said in praise of the ill fated Nixon for the plucky manner in which he had attempted to rescue Miss Monk. At one time a large log passed right over them. He called to her to “bob her head,” and she did so, and the log passed over without injuring them. Several times the boat went right under the water, but they still held on. Nixson had been only a few weeks at Euromedha, and his good nature, frank and pleasant manner, had made him a favourite with all. He had always a pleasant smile and cheery word for everyone. Shortly before he left the boat, he looked up at Miss Monk, as if he wished to say something, and she encouraged him by saying, “That’s right, George, you are brave,” and although he did not tell her he was getting weak, Miss Monk thinks that he was then beginning to feel exhausted.
Miss Monk was sufficiently recovered on Sunday afternoon to ride home.”

In much later times the story is told that Euromedha had an early wireless set, and settlers on the south side of the river would go across Euromedha crossing to listen to cricket test matches between Australia and England. Going over was apparently much easier than coming back in the early hours of the morning!

Historic themes

Australian theme (abbrev)New South Wales themeLocal theme
3. Economy-Developing local, regional and national economies Pastoralism-Activities associated with the breeding, raising, processing and distribution of livestock for human use (none)-

Listings

Heritage ListingListing TitleListing NumberGazette DateGazette NumberGazette Page
Local Environmental PlanNarromine LEP 2011I1209 Dec 11   
Local Environmental Plan - Lapsed 1020 Dec 88   

Study details

TitleYearNumberAuthorInspected byGuidelines used
Narromine Community Based Heritage Study2002F/N 15/2160015Barbara Hickson in association with Narromine Local History GroupB Hickson Yes
Narromine Community Based Heritage Study2002 Barbara Hickson in association with Narromine Local History Group  Yes

References, internet links & images

TypeAuthorYearTitleInternet Links
Oral HistoryNarromine Local History Room2002Eurombedah Homestead

Note: internet links may be to web pages, documents or images.

rez rez rez rez rez
(Click on thumbnail for full size image and image details)

Data source

The information for this entry comes from the following source:
Name: Local Government
Database number: 2160015


Every effort has been made to ensure that information contained in the State Heritage Inventory is correct. If you find any errors or omissions please send your comments to the Database Manager.

All information and pictures on this page are the copyright of the Heritage Division or respective copyright owners.