Bronze for Warrumbungle National Park Visitor Centre at NSW Tourism Awards
Warrumbungle National Park Visitor Centre has picked up a coveted Bronze at the NSW Tourism awards.
NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS) Deputy Secretary Atticus Fleming said the Bronze award in the Visitor Services category was a credit to the team.
'Warrumbungle National Park is a national heritage listed park in western NSW known for its spectacular landscape, its Aboriginal history and unique flora and fauna.
'Built from the ashes of a devastating fire, the stunning new visitor centre captures the spirit of the park and the local community.
'The design of the $3.5 million building reflects the beauty and ruggedness of the surrounding landscapes.
'It was designed by TKD Architects in partnership with the community, with four community members assisting in its planning.
'It is fantastic that this new centre will help drive regional tourism and provide an economic benefit to the local community currently struggling in the grip of the devastating drought.
'So, go for a drive to Coonabarabran, #stayinthebush and discover why Warrumbungle National Park is so well-loved and why the NSW Tourism award judges were wowed by this great facility,' Mr Fleming said.
Congratulations, also, to some of NPWS’ partner tourism providers, including lessees and NSW NPWS Park Eco Pass licensed Commercial Tour Operators, who also won awards across a range of categories:
- Ecotourism – Go Sea Kayak Byron Bay (Gold) and Wolgan Valley Eco Tours (Bronze)
- Major Tour and Transport Operators – Moonshadow – TQC Cruises, Nelson Bay (Gold)
- Tour and Transport Operators – Port Stephens 4WD Tours (Gold)
- Adventure Tourism – Emu Trekkers, Sydney and Blue Mountains (Gold) and Sand Dune Adventures, Williamtown (Silver)
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Tourism – Bundyi Cultural Tours, Wagga Wagga (Silver)
- Unique Accommodation – Q Station, Sydney Harbour National Park, Manly (Silver)
- Cultural Tourism – Q Station, Sydney Harbour National Park, Manly (Highly Commended)
Check out www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au #NSWparks