Free 'Introduction to Energy Management' training in Sydney, Lismore, Macksville, Tamworth, Broken Hill and Deniliquin
The NSW Office of Environment and Heritage (OEH) is offering a free 'Introduction to Energy Management' course in 6 locations across NSW from 23 – 31 July.
OEH Executive Director Heritage, Pauline McKenzie said the course is targeting small businesses, community organisations and local councils – in particular owners and managers of publicly accessible heritage sites.
"The cost of energy and the efficiency of its use have become major factors in operating any business," said Ms McKenzie.
"At our free training course to be held in Sydney, Lismore, Macksville, Tamworth, Broken Hill and Deniliquin this month, participants will learn the ins and outs of energy management to help maintain their organisation's competitive advantage and increase productivity.
"This training course also qualifies participants to apply for the current round of the Heritage Green Energy Grants for heritage sites, worth up to $100,000 per applicant to a total of $1.5 million across the state," she said.
The course consists of 2 30-minute online components and a half-day workshop, to be held at each of the 6 locations.
The online component will cover energy basics, concepts and principles as well as how to read and understand your energy bill, while the half-day workshop looks at identifying energy cost savings, interpreting energy data and implementing an energy action plan.
This training course complements the Heritage Near Me program's Heritage Green Energy Grants, which seeks to support the implementation of energy efficiency projects for heritage items listed on a local council's Local Environment Plan and/or the State Heritage Register.
Workshop location details
- Sydney CBD: 10am, Monday 23 July – UNSW (University of New South Wales) CBD Campus, Levels 6 and 7, 1 O'Connell Street, Sydney
- Lismore: 10am, Monday 23 July – Lismore City Hall, 1 Bounty St, Lismore
- Macksville: 9:30am, Tuesday 24 July – Nambucca Shire Council Chambers, 44 Princess St, Macksville
- Tamworth: 10:30am, Wednesday 25 July – Tamworth Community Centre, 3A Darling St, Tamworth
- Broken Hill: 11am, Tuesday 31 July – Thyme on Argent, 230 Argent St, Broken Hill
- Deniliquin: 9:30am, Tuesday 31 July – Deniliquin RSL, 72 End St, Deniliquin
For more information about the Heritage Near Me Green Energy Grants go to Heritage Near Me incentives program
Photos: OEH Flickr – Introduction to Energy Management Course