Gwydir Environmental Water Advisory Group chairperson: call for nominations
The Department of Planning, Industry and Environment invites members of the community to apply for the position of Chairperson for the Gwydir Environmental Water Advisory Group.
The Gwydir Environmental Water Advisory Group (EWAG) provides advice to the Department on the use of water for the environment in the Gwydir Valley for its water-dependent ecosystems. An EWAG may include water managers, recreational fishers, landholders, Aboriginal people, independent scientists, and a variety of partner agencies.
The suitable applicant will ensure that decision-making processes are robust, and that established EWAG Terms of Reference, codes of conduct and other protocols are followed. The chairperson should make best use of the committee's knowledge, skills and experience to assist environmental water managers with annual watering priorities, adaptive management and implementation of NSW environmental watering program.
Applicants will be required to:
- exhibit goodwill and support an inclusive and collaborative approach
- with the Department, manage probity, conflict of interest and the integrity of group processes
- maintain an impartial reference-point for robust and respectful debate
- communicate effectively, including the ability to listen attentively to others, absorb alternative points of view and facilitate a consensus view
- analyse information and arguments, think critically and objectively about a complex problem and articulate a concise summary
- employ appropriate interpersonal skills
- have relevant experience leading boards or committees
- have regard for Aboriginal people, culture and communities
- lead the group to achieve its purpose and objectives by providing quality advice to the Department
- The EWAG Terms of Reference (PDF 183KB)
- The Gwydir Environmental Water Advisory Group page
- Water For The Environment page
Position description and how to apply
For full position description for the chairperson, please see the Chairperson Position Description (PDF 41KB)
To apply, please complete the Application for chairperson (DOCX 80KB)
Completed application forms accompanied by a curriculum vitae must be returned to the nominated email/address on the form by 5pm Friday 13 December 2019.
The Department is committed to the principles of the Equal Employment Opportunity, Work Health and Safety, Cultural Diversity and Ethical Work Practices and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. If you require access to information via a different process, are speech or hearing impaired or require reasonable adjustment in the application process please contact email@example.com