About us

About us

Certificate of currency checklist

To obtain a licence to conduct commercial recreation and/or tour activities, you must have and maintain a public liability insurance (PLI) policy that meets the following requirements:

  • The policy must be held with an approved insurance underwriter. Check the list on the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA) website for details of insurers authorised to conduct new or renewable insurance business in Australia (www.apra.gov.au). or call 1300 558 849.
  • A valid PLI certificate of currency is required to demonstrate insurance is current
  • The certificate must note and be valid for all the activities undertaken, and the full extent of them
  • The certificate must cover the geographic area permitted by the licence
  • The name of the ‘insured’ must match the business operation’s name
  • The limit of the PLI cover must be a minimum value of A$10 million
  • 'The Minister for the Environment, the Chief Executive of the Office of Environment and Heritage and the Crown in right of New South Wales' must be named as interested parties on the certificate.

Your licence status will automatically change from 'active' to 'suspended' when your PLI expires, unless you supply the Parks Eco Pass Support Officer with a new PLI certificate of currency. NPWS may periodically check the details of your PLI certificate of currency during the term of your licence.

Page last updated: 08 October 2015