Someone has dumped rubbish outside my house. Who can come and clean this up?

This is illegal dumping, the unlawful deposit of waste larger than litter onto land. It includes waste that has been dumped on private land and can be a variety of waste types such as bags of rubbish, whitegoods, or waste from a residential demolition.

Report this to your local council. They manage, and help prevent, illegal dumping. Penalties apply to anyone carrying out illegal dumping.

The council can issue a clean-up notice to the polluter if they can be identified.

View a list of NSW councils