How can I establish a wildlife refuge on my property?

Wildlife refuge agreements are now managed by the Biodiversity Conservation Trust (BCT), including all previous agreements created under the former Office of Environment and Heritage Conservation Partners Program.

These agreements are for an area of a minimum of 10 hectares, however smaller properties may be considered by the BCT if they contain very high conservation values or meet other strategic objectives of the Trust.

To apply for a wildlife refuge agreement, complete a landholder interest form (PDF 129KB) at any time (please download and save to your computer first).

You can either email your completed form to or print and mail it to us using the following address:

NSW Biodiversity Conservation Trust
PO Box A290
Sydney South, NSW 1232

For more information about wildlife refuge agreements, and other Programs offered by the BCT, visit the BCT website.