Who can help with an injured or sick marine animal?

If you see a stranded or distressed marine mammal, sea turtle, sea snake or seabird, please report it as soon as possible to a suitably trained and licensed wildlife rehabilitation group or National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS) on 13000PARKS (1300 072 757).

NPWS licences various wildlife rehabilitation groups to rescue and rehabilitate a wide range of native animals in New South Wales, some of which are trained in the rescue and care of marine animals.

Make sure you give the operator as much information about the situation as possible, including a description of the animal, its condition, the specific location and best way to access the animal.

Report a fish kill

A fish kill is a sudden and unexpected mass mortality of wild or cultured fish. If you see one, notify NSW Department of Primary Industries (DPI) Fisheries by phoning Fishers Watch 24 hour hotline on 1800 043 536 or speak to a Fisheries Officer at your local NSW DPI Fisheries office and provide as much detail as possible on the number of fish involved, the exact location and describe any visible evidence of water contamination.