Do I need a licence to transport native animals into or out of NSW?

Yes. Interstate import and export licences are issued for a single consignment of fauna during a maximum period of one month.

Find out about licences to transport animals interstate


Apply online: Licenses to import or export animals are available online and are issued within 24 hours by email for class 1 animals. A 10% discount applies to all online transactions. These take up to 14 days to process.

Download and print application (PDF 104KB): Alternatively you can apply by completing an application form and returning it by post or fax to the Wildlife Licensing and Management Unit. These applications can take up to 21 days to process.