Do I need a waste transporters licence?

You require a licence to transport more than:

  • 200kg of Category 1 trackable waste in any load within NSW
  • 2 tonnes of tyres or 200kg of all other types of Category 2 trackable waste in any load to another state or territory from NSW or into NSW from another state or territory.

View the trackable waste list (PDF 172KB)

Application form

Download the waste transporter's licence application form


For help filling out the form, contact the Hazardous Waste Regulation Unit.
By phone: (02) 9995 5773
By email:

More information

Training and licensing for transporting dangerous goods.