Do I need a permit to light a fire or to conduct a pile burn of vegetation?

Yes, you will need an approval either from the EPA or the Rural Fire Service. For more information contact Environment Line on 131 555 press option 1.

No burn notices and fire bans

No burn notices or total fire bans override any permits obtained.

Find out if a no burn notice is in force today

Find out if a total fire ban is in force today

More information

Lighting a fire - Fact Sheet

Contact Rural Fire Service.

By phone: 1800 679 737