Who do I contact for advice or a permit for a property vegetation plan (PVP) for logging on my own property?

Your local catchment management authority (CMA) can approve clearing remnant vegetation or protected regrowth when the clearing will improve or maintain environmental outcomes.

Where clearing requires further approval, ask the CMA if you need to prepare a property vegetation plan or apply for development consent. They can advise what to do and help you prepare a PVP.

Get advice from your local CMA

Find out more about PVPs

Sydney residents

If you reside within the Sydney Metropolitan Area, contact your local council for advice on removing trees.

View a list of NSW councils