How can I find out whether smoke is from a bushfire or hazard reduction burn?

The NSW Rural Fire Service regularly updates current and forthcoming hazard reduction burns:

Report bushfires

Check the Rural Fire Service's current fires and incidents map to see if the fire has already been reported. If not, call the Bush Fire Information Line: 1800 679 737.