Noise from mowing and other power tools is allowed:
- from 8am to 8pm on Sundays and public holidays and
- from 7am to 8pm on any other day.
Time restrictions on noise from power tools and pool pumps
Noise from power tools or pool pumps on a residential premise that can be heard in any habitable rooms of a neighbouring residence must cease during certain times: before 8am or after 8pm on any Sunday or public holiday, or before 7am or after 8pm on any other day.
An offence occurs if the noise continues after a warning has been given by a council or police officer.
The equipment covered includes:
- powered garden tools (petrol engine or electric motor)
- lawn mower or lawn trimmer
- leaf blower or sweeper
- garden mulcher, chipper or shredder
- electric powered tools (including battery operated tools)
- circular saw
- electric drills and screw drivers
- gas or air compressor and pneumatic tools
- swimming pool pump
- spa pump